Watch the full event recording below or browse our YouTube playlist to:
- watch our new brand video and learn about our mission and role in today’s humanitarian landscape,
- hear directly from our Director, Heba Aly, about the history of our organisation and why we changed our name,
- meet the new president of our board of directors, Paula Fray,
- enjoy the world premiere of “The New Humanitarian”, a new play by South African playwright Mike van Graan, commissioned for the occasion,
- meet a few of our reporters on the ground, whose dedication and talent make our work possible.
View key moments from the event with our photo slideshow:
Photo credit: Orbisswiss Photos & Press – Geneva
Hundreds of thousands of readers trust The New Humanitarian each month for quality journalism that contributes to more effective, accountable, and inclusive ways to improve the lives of people affected by crises.
Our award-winning stories inform policymakers and humanitarians, demand accountability and transparency from those meant to help people in need, and provide a platform for conversation and discussion with and among affected and marginalised people.
We’re able to continue doing this thanks to the support of our donors and readers like you who believe in the power of independent journalism. These contributions help keep our journalism free and accessible to all.
Show your support as we build the future of news media by becoming a member of The New Humanitarian.