Watch the full event recording below or browse our YouTube playlist to:
- watch our new brand video and learn about our mission and role in today’s humanitarian landscape,
- hear directly from our Director, Heba Aly, about the history of our organisation and why we changed our name,
- meet the new president of our board of directors, Paula Fray,
- enjoy the world premiere of “The New Humanitarian”, a new play by South African playwright Mike van Graan, commissioned for the occasion,
- meet a few of our reporters on the ground, whose dedication and talent make our work possible.
View key moments from the event with our photo slideshow:
Photo credit: Orbisswiss Photos & Press – Geneva
Help make quality journalism about crises possible
The New Humanitarian is an independent, non-profit newsroom founded in 1995. We deliver quality, reliable journalism about crises and big issues impacting the world today. Our reporting on humanitarian aid has uncovered sex scandals, scams, data breaches, corruption, and much more.
Our readers trust us to hold power in the multi-billion-dollar aid sector accountable and to amplify the voices of those impacted by crises. We’re on the ground, reporting from the front lines, to bring you the inside story.
We keep our journalism free – no paywalls – thanks to the support of donors and readers like you who believe we need more independent journalism in the world. Your contribution means we can continue delivering award-winning journalism about crises.