The New Humanitarian is the trusted news source that delivers the inside story on humanitarian crises. Our reporting gives insight to policymakers, practitioners and others who want to make the world more humane.
We are among only a handful of nonprofit news outlets in the world specialising in humanitarian affairs. We believe that it is vital to continue producing more quality news about the growing range of crises and conflicts facing humanity. We are convinced that international nonprofit news has a bright future.
- TNH is currently seeking a finance officer to become an integral part of our small, passionate team.
We currently have no other vacancies, but are always on the the look-out for:
- Interns: The New Humanitarian is looking for sharp, digitally-savvy, innovative researchers/writers with a solid understanding of international / humanitarian issues to support our core editorial team. Find out more.
- Graphic designers, developers, social media geeks, and other techies who can design infographics, analyze web metrics, and make sure our content travels well and matches our high editorial standards with equally good presentation.
- Freelance writers, photographers and videographers who have a tendency to go to interesting places, to find nuggets of interesting detail, and to innovate in format and delivery, please find the editor here and pitch them an idea. Please note that we do not have any staff journalist positions available.
If you fit one of these profiles, or are otherwise interested in our mission, please get in touch by emailing us at [email protected] with:
- A cover letter highlighting your motivations, region of interest, where you are based and what you are interested in doing for The New Humanitarian
- An updated CV
- Examples of your work
Due to the volume of interest, we can't reply to every query but we will get in touch if you match our requirements.